Friday, April 4, 2008

Week 9 - Thing 21

After looking at all of the podcast directories and fumbling around trying to navigate to the podcasts of interest, I realize how far I have come and how far I have to go. I did find some podcasts of interest particularly those that have news content and the book reviews, which I found particularly entertaining.

I tried all of the directories mentioned and felt that itunes was the most comprehensive. The others seemed to provide a more limited list.

Podcasts are excellent vehicles for engaging children in learning and for disseminating information. In the past one of my colleagues had students write poetry and create a podcast for other 3rd grade classes in the district that were linked with illustrations created by a buddy class from across town. The artists listened to the poems and then each child chose one to illustrate. She also had fourth graders create travelogues of the United States which they were able to share with friends and family, near and far, via their podcasts. I have created a podcast about the evaluation of web resources that can be accessed from our library's home page that, hopefully, will benefit our students and faculty.

http://www.shrewsbury-ma.gov/schools/SHS/MediaCenter/shsmain.htm

No comments: